1. Prep your soil right. Mix Sides Black Wonder 5000 composted manure into your root profile. Add sand in any heavy clay soils.
2. Keep it wet, but not sloppy wet.
3. If it turns from green to blue it is under stress for water.
4. If it turns from blue to brown tips you are close to having dead sod.
5. When it is really Hot it may need to be watered 2-3 times, per day including weekends, & holidays. The sod does not know it is July 4th.
6. Keep an eye out for FUNGUS while you are watering-Fungus likes–Hot-Wet
Weather. If you see Fungus (Looks like Bread Mold or Slick & Slimy in the mornings). Stop the water for 1 day & spray with Daconil Fungicide & let it lay on the leaves a day and it will kill the fungus before it kills your grass.
Water keeps sod alive until it roots up, but water causes fungus. Keep a close eye on it for the
1st 2-3 weeks.
Read & Do our Maintenance Schedule for a long-term pretty lawn.