WHAT TO DO TO SOD JOB IN THE 1ST 2 WEEKS
Sides Contracting Co., Inc. P.O. Box 1969 Welcome, NC 27374-1969 Toll Free: (877) 733-3464 Office: (336) 249-8300 Fax: (336) 249-8093
1. Keep it wet, but not sloppy wet.
2. If it turns from green to blue it is under stress for water.
3. If it turns from blue to brown tips you are close to having dead sod.
4. When it is really Hot it may need to be watered 2-3 times, per day including weekends, & holidays. The sod does not know it is July 4th.
5. Keep an eye out for FUNGUS while you are watering- Fungus likes– Hot- Wet Weather. If you see Fungus (Looks like Bread Mold or Slick & Slimy in the mornings). Stop the water for 1 day & spray with Daconil Fungicide & let it lay on the leaves a day and it will kill the fungus before it kills your grass.
P.S. We always spray the Sod with fungicide the day before we bring it to you if it is Hot Weather, however it will only last for so long. As you continue to water to keep your sod alive and get it to root you can still get fungus.
CATCH 22: Water keeps sod alive until it roots up, but water causes fungus. Keep a close eye on it for the 1st 2-3- weeks.
Read & Do our Maintenance Schedule for a long-term pretty lawn.